Looking for Recycling Worker
$10.00/hour starting wage
The Recycling Associate is a paid student position with the MSU Office of Sustainability. This position is responsible for collecting recyclables from our recycling stations around campus according to a weekly pick-up schedule. Shifts last 1.5 to 2 hours and are scheduled according to your class schedule. We are looking for someone who can work a minimum of 6 hours to a maximum of 12 hours. We are looking for someone to start August 15th with employment being semester to semester. We are flexible and will work with your class schedule or other job. You will not be required to work school breaks or holidays, but the opportunity will be available. Work on an occasional Saturday for football or other events is essential.
- Drive around campus to collect recyclable material from designated sites according to a weekly pick-up schedule and record usage of recycling bins.
- Communicate clearly with Recycling Coordinator and other Recycling Associates.
- Record fill rate and usage of internal and external recycling bins.
- Bin cleaning and other duties as assigned.
- Student at Montana State University (minimum of 9 credits)
- Commitment to recycling – you are the type of person who would pick a soda can out of the trash and put it in the right recycling bin.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds (paper is surprisingly heavy!)
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record and courteous driving manner.
- Availability to work between the hours of 8am and 5pm.
- Monday thru Friday. You may be required to work one or two Saturdays per semester (work time will be later 5 pm to 12 pm)
- Willingness to work hard and get a little bit dirty.
- Responsible and dependable – you follow through on commitments and communicate clearly when problems or conflicts arise.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Proactive attitude.
- Experience performing physical labor.
- Recycle at home.
To apply: Pick up an application at the MSU Office of Sustainability (SUB 175) or on the link at the bottom.
Questions: Call 994-6871 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org